Just the facts, Ma'am
From the National Confectioners Association:
- U.S. manufacturers produce more than 16 billion jelly beans
for Easter each year.
- April 22nd is National Jelly Bean Day
- The world's largest jar of jelly beans was unveiled on October 15, 1999. It weighed 6,050 pounds.
- Red jelly beans are kids' favorite
- Jellybeans Could Circle the Globe
What are the origins of the jelly bean?
Sources on this page and on the Links page often refer to Turkish Delight and Jordan Almonds as being precursors to the modern jelly bean. Maybe. We like our version of history better, even if our evidence is underwhelming.
Copyright 1995, 2009 Jerry Jindrich. All rights reserved.